What Makes a Good Buyer’s Agent?
- A good buyer's agent is a fulltime professional agent who lives in their area of expertise. They can share the intimate knowledge they have gained over the years as a local expert.A good buyer’s agent should be able to guide you in getting pre-qualified for a mortgage. Knowing all your options about how to get a mortgage is vital. Whether you choose to go to your bank or to a mortgage broker, a good agent should be able to offer a 2nd opinion of another mortgage specialist
- to get you your best results. At the end of the day, you want to be working with a lender that you trust, feel comfortable with and will communicate with you each step of the way.
- A good buyer’s agent is someone who is dedicated and patient in explaining to you the process of how to buy a home. This agent should be knowledgeable, educated and have solid resources to help you on your way.
- A Buyer's agent is responsible to find properties that meet your needs and requirements that may include location, price, and specifics such as size and extras the home must have. It’s important to choose an agent who specializes in the area that you are looking for therefore you have someone who truly understands what you want. My fulltime residence is in Whistler so I'm only minutes away from any new listing for previewing.
- Once you have an accepted offer, an inspection usually comes next along with the strata documents for review. The agent will coordinate with the building inspector and work with you to investigate any issues that come out of the report. You may want to negotiate on the purchase price or request the seller to repair any deficiencies in the property found in the inspection. There is also quite a bit of information to be digested in the strata documents. Your agent should have strong base knowledge of the complex so that the process is not so overwhelming once you have an accepted conditional offer. That knowledge ensures you wind up in a complex that meets your needs, not in a property that doesn't allow dogs if you have a fur baby!
- Throughout the process, a good buyer’s agent is in constant contact with the lender and you. It is so important to be aware of each step in the process and make sure that everything is taking place in a timely manner. There is nothing worse than finding out in those last days that somebody dropped the ball and the closing won’t take place on time.
- These are a few of the things that a good buyer’s agent does for you. This is what makes working with a buyer’s agent so important! Their goal is to make the sale stress free and smooth. Give me a call and we can discuss how I can assist you with your Whistler purchase.